The Village of Minong – Wild Rivers Trail RV Park and Campground, was newly constructed in 2013. The campground offers 15 sites that are immediately accessible to the Wild Rivers Trail and Washburn County ATV Trail network. There are 10 R.V. campsites with full hookups (electric, water, and sewer) and 5 tent sites without electric. Camping fees are $35.00 per night for R.V. sites and $10.00 per night for non-electric tent sites.
This campground caters to RV campers as well as the ATV enthusiast, and available for all camping interests. Other camping amenities include ATV loading ramp, coin operated shower facilities, flush toilets, open air picnic pavilion, firewood, and R.V. dump station. The park is also conveniently located near grocery, restaurant, sport shop, and gas opportunities.
You may make a reservation by using a credit or debit card for online reservations: CLICK HERE! Reservations may also be made by phone at (715) 466-2322 using check or cash payment. If calling to make a reservation, please be aware that this is a municipal office, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible for a reservation. For immediate bookings, using the online reservation system is the best option.
All campsites are bookable from May 1st to October 15th. Availability of sewer and water is dependent on the weather – please call ahead. Trail accessibility is also dependent upon the weather and current fire danger. You are welcome to camp at the campground, but you may not be able to run the trails due to current fire danger ratings.
Check-In Time: 3:00 pm
Check-Out Time: 12:00 pm
Click Here to find out if the Wild River Trails are open: https://www.washburncounty.org/what-to-do/atv
Current Fire Danger Information: https://www.washburncounty.org/news/trail-conditions
Check-In Time: 3:00 pm
Check-Out Time: 12:00 pm
Village of Minong – Wild River Trail RV Park & Campground
832 Railroad St. So.
Minong, WI 54859
(715) 466-2322 (Village of Minong Municipal Office) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Village of Minong
Wild River Trail RV Park & Campground Rules: Download Here!
The Village of Minong welcomes you to enjoy our park facilities. Our goal is to make your stay here pleasant and memorable. To this end, park rules/policies have been established to promote health, safety, and the general welfare of the visitor and to protect and safeguard our recreation facility and its patrons.
The Village of Minong Wild River Trail RV Park and Campground was newly constructed in 2013. The campground offers 15 sites that are immediately accessible to the Wild Rivers Trail and Washburn County ATV Trail network. There are 10 RV campsites with full hookups (electric, water, and sewer) and 5 tent sites without electric. Camping fees are $35.00 per night for R.V. sites and $10.00 per night for the non-electric tent sites.
This campground caters to R.V. campers as well as the ATV enthusiast and is available for all camping interests. Other camping amenities include ATV loading ramp, coin operated shower facilities, flush toilets, open air picnic pavilion, firewood, and R.V. dump station. The park is also conveniently located near grocery stores, restaurants/bars, sport shop and gas stations.
CAMPSITE REGISTRATION POLICIES: All camping parties must obtain a camping permit and pay the established fee before setting up the camping unit.
- A camping party is any family, individual group, or organized juvenile group occupying a campsite.
- Family – means a parent or parents with their unmarried dependent children (under the age of 18 or still attending High School).
- Individual Group – means a camping party of not more than four persons occupying not more than one camping unit.
- Organized Juvenile Group – means a group made up of juvenile members of an established organization and under the leadership of at least one competent, mature adult for each ten juveniles in the group.
- The camping leader who reserves a campsite must be at least 18 years of age.
- Unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, all juvenile persons occupying a campsite shall have in their possession a statement of consent signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Only one camping unit (tent, trailer, etc.) shall occupy a single campsite unless approved by the Village of Minong.
- Each camping unit must pay the established site fee, whether or not multiple units occupy the same campsite.
- Exceptions to 4 & 5 above may be approved by the park attendant for those camping parties that meet the definition of “Family” or “Organized Juvenile Group”.
- Maximum length of stay on any one campsite is fourteen (14) nights in succession, after which the camping unit and camping party must either move to a different campsite or vacate the park.
- Normal campsite check-in is 3:00 p.m. Unoccupied/unreserved campsites may be available for early check-in.
- Camping permits expire at 1:00 p.m. (checkout) on the last day of the permit period.
- Camping permit extensions must be obtained prior to 11:00 a.m. on the expiration date of the permit. Extensions are not guaranteed since the campsite may have been reserved by a second camping party.
- No refunds shall be given on camping permits, except as provided through the on-line reservation system protocol.
- On-Line reservations:
- On-line Processing is available at washburncountyparks.us/parks. On-line reservations require the use of a credit or debit card. The cardholder name and address must match the name and address used when setting up your reservation account. Telephone and walk-in reservations may also be processed at the Village of Minong office at (715) 466-2322 or at the Forestry Office in Spooner (715) 635-4490. For telephone reservations with payment by check in the mail, the entire fee will be due 7 days after the reservation is made and at least 7 days prior to planned stay.
- Advance Booking: may be made up to 11 months in advance. Reservations must be confirmed at least 7 days prior to the planned stay. No reservation is confirmed until full payment for reservation fees and site fees have been made. Inside of 7 days, all unreserved sites are treated as first-come, first-serve & pay as you go at the Village of Minong office and at the Park.
- Reservation Fee: is $8.00 per reservation/per site and is not refundable. Both the camping fees and reservation fees are charged to the credit card immediately upon making a reservation.
- Minimum Reservation Booking: shall be 2 nights on non-holiday weekends and 3 nights before, during and/or after the holidays. Example: if July 4th falls on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, both the weekends before and after are treated as holiday weekends.
- Sites Available for Reservation: All campsites are available for reservation at this time.
- Reservation Limitations: No limit on the number of reservations to be made by any one individual, except that the maximum length of stay on one site must be observed and that any one individual shall be limited to two (2) reservations per on-line transaction. A separate reservation and associated reservation fee must be submitted for each campsite desired.
- Occupancy: Reserved sites shall be identified with notices hung on campsite posts at least 3 days prior to the planned occupancy. If the campsite remains unoccupied by 3 p.m. on the day following the start of the reservation, the campsite shall be made available for first-come camping. All non-reservation campsite bookings must show occupancy at the time of registration.
- Refunds: On-line reservations may be cancelled up to 15 days prior to the planned stay, with a full refund minus the $8.00 reservation fee granted. Inside of 15 days, and all first-come registrations shall not be allowed a refund.
CAMPSITE USE POLICIES:
- No camping unit shall be set up beyond the limits of the campsite.
- Limit of two motor vehicles per campsite; Vehicles shall not be parked beyond the limits of the campsite.
- A camping party may not move from its assigned campsite to another campsite without prior approval by the Village of Minong office.
- No picnicking in areas designated as campgrounds.
- All campers must set up a camping unit. Sleeping in cars or on the ground in the open is not permitted.
- Collecting firewood is prohibited. The local Boy Scouts provide firewood for purchase at the campground for $5.00 per bundle.
- Fires must be in designated fire rings or grills. Campfires may not be left unattended.
- Upon your departure, all litter must be removed and deposited in the appropriate receptacles. Garbage in fire rings is not acceptable.
- Non-registered campers must leave the park by 9:00 p.m. Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Generator use is not allowed. Exceptions to this policy are only permitted in the event of power outages and/or emergency situations.
GENERAL PARK USE POLICIES:
- It is unlawful to discharge a loaded firearm or weapon within the Village of Minong, including the Park.
- Fireworks of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- A sanitary dump station is provided at no additional cost to registered campers. A fee of $5.00 per dump is charged for non-registered campers.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times. Pet feces must be picked up and disposed of properly. Pets are not allowed in the bathrooms or shower rooms.
- Vending/selling of any sort is not permitted under any circumstances unless authorized by Village of Minong.
- Use of park facilities by businesses, clubs, religious groups, or other organizations is limited to internal functions. Events intending to engage or involve other park users are not permitted.
- Lewd, vulgar, boisterous, unnecessarily loud behavior, disorderly conduct, littering, destructive acts, and tampering with park property are strictly prohibited.
- Violation of any state law, or any rules or policies of the Village of Minong by any park visitor or any member of a camping party is cause for revocation of the camping permit and/or ejection from the park.
Updated 02.08.2021 by the Village of Minong Board.
Washburn County Tourism Official 2021 Guide: Click Here